This is an organ donation pros and cons essay; a short and concise article, which briefly shed facts and information on the advantages and disadvantages of human organ donation. Organ donation is quite common in the UK, Australia, United States, and in other parts of the world. Even with the health benefits associated with it, there are still positive and negative health feedback to it.
Sometimes the last resort for someone else to live is to have a new organ. In the United States alone, hundreds of thousands of people are waiting for new organs; many may already have died before the organs arrive, and many will get another chance to live life to the fullest.
The processes and eligibility of donating and receiving an organ have psychological and religious concerns. Here is a list of facts:
1) A human donor between the ages of 0 to 65 can donate organs.
2) The family, friends or relatives of the client will shoulder the surgery cost of the donor.
3) Over 100,000 people in the United States are waiting for organ donations per month. But, around 20 of them will perish because of the lack or delay of the organs and donors.
4) The organs that can be donated are skin, heart, lungs, kidneys, eyes, intestines, liver, and pancreas.
5) In many eye transplants, over 95% of the organ recipients successfully see again.
Organ Donation Pros:
The donor will be able to save the life of another person. And indirectly, that person might be able to live life to the fullest; it is possible that the organ recipient might have helped other people in his or her lifetime.
The donor can proudly feel good seeing that the recipient has been doing fine and helping other people. If the donor is dead, then his or her legacy will continue to live inside another human body.
Whether the donor is alive or dead, someone did receive an organ donation to live again.
Organ Donation Cons:
The guidance of organ donation may have psychological, religious, political, human values concerns. These would depend on the kind of culture, values system, religion, government, environment and more.
Most cons are actually misconceptions of the facts.