How to speed up Internet connection without using CMD or changing a modem/router, or Internet Service Provider (ISP.) This tweak works great for Smart Bro (Canopy,) PLDT, DSL, Globe (WiMax/Tattoo,) Sun and the rest of the world’s Internet Service Providers. Compatible for Windows XP, 7 Ultimate, 8, and all other Windows versions.
How effective are the results after applying the settings? The images below shows the before and after results after testing the Internet connection speed at DSLReports Speed Test. Remember: Do a speed test before and after tweaking your Internet connection speed.
Slow Internet Connection Speed (Before)
Faster Internet Connection Speed (After)
Steps on How to Speed Up Internet Connection
1) Change your preferred DNS with Google’s free public DNS. Set your Local/Wireless Network Connection IPv4 Preferred and Secondary DNS to 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 respectively. Alternatively, you can use DNS Benchmark to get the fastest DNS near your location. But, Google’s free public DNS will suffice.
2) Only use the needed network protocols. Click Start button, then Control Panel. Choose Network and Internet, then click Network and Sharing Center. Click Manage Wireless/Local Network, then select the network adapter you are currently using. Click Adapter Properties on the menu above to open the Network Connection Properties window. Check the following: Client for Microsoft Networks, QoS Packet Scheduler, File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4,) and the Link-Layers protocols.
3) Update your Wireless Network Adapter. Click start and right click on Computer then choose Properties. Click Device Manager and open Network Adapters. There you will see your wireless LAN driver. Right click and then click Update Driver Software. Choose Search automatically for updated driver software; this assures that your wireless adapter is up to date.
4) Download TCP Optimizer and run it as Administrator. Click the General Settings Tab, choose the appropriate network adapter, choose settings:optimal, then click the Apply Changes button. That’s all you need to do to tweak your MTU, RWin, etc. Restart your computer after applying the settings.
5) Use the fastest web browser like Google’s Chrome. If you already installed it, you can update it by clicking the Chrome button and selecting “About Google Chrome.” This will automatically update your Chrome’s version to the latest one. Or, just type chrome://chrome/ in the URL box to open the About page.
6) Download CCleaner and run it to optimize your computer; it’s a great freeware that helps in speeding up the overall performance of your PC or Laptop. The speed of your computer also helps in boosting the overall performance of your Internet connection.
7) Uninstall unnecessary add-ons, extensions, and plug-ins installed in Chrome. Also, close unneeded Tabs to lessen Chrome’s memory usage.
8) Disable bandwidth limit cap and gain additional 20% system process speed. Windows reserves 20% of this for Windows Update and other tasks, which is usually rarely needed. Download this Registry file Disable-Bandwidth-Limit.Reg and execute. Or, you can simply copy the code below, paste it and save it as *.reg in a notepad or something.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Psched] "NonBestEffortLimit"=dword:00000000
9) Use the maximum capacity of your Wireless Network Adapter. Type Power Options in the Windows search box and run it, or click the battery power icon usually found at the lower right of your screen, which is near the Time and Date, then click More Power Options. Select the High Performance option and then click Change Plan Settings. Look for Change Advanced Power Settings and click it. Go to Wireless Adapter Settings, then Power Saving Mode, and then select Maximum Performance for both On-Battery and Plugged-In. Click OK to confirm the new settings.
10) You already have uninstalled the unneeded Chrome Extensions. But, this Extension is a must have to prevent the Chrome browser from memory hugging your system. System memory overload reduces overall performance. The Great Suspender, a Chrome plugin, reduces memory usage by suspending idle browser tabs either automatically after a specified time, or manually.
11) Even if you are using a single web browser tab, it still stacks up memory; not one web browser ever perfected memory management. This will significantly reduces overall system performance. Fortunately, we have All Browser Memory Zip and Google Chrome Memory Zip, which you can download at this site. Use one of them to properly memory manage most web browsers.
13) If you are accessing Wi-Fi through your wireless router, check if your Wi-Fi’s channel is not overlapping with other channels within your area or neighborhood. Overlapping channels reduces Wi-Fi throughput and signal strength. Download this freeware inSSIDer from MetaGeek; this program scans all available Wi-Fi signals from wireless routers within your vicinity and compares it with yours; it shows a signal strength score and what other networks overlaps with your channel. With these information, reconfigure your Wi-Fi router with a new channel that has no or with minimal network overlaps. The video below will show you how.
13) If you are still experiencing a very slow Internet connection speed, then, upgrading to a new connection package from your Internet Service Provider (ISP) would be great.
That’s all you need to do on how to speedup your online experience. Enjoy your new Internet connection speed.
- Tweak Globe, Smart & Sun Broadband & Improve Internet Connection
- Improve Google Chrome Web Browsing Speed and Performance
- Improve Internet Connection, System Memory Usage & User-Experience
- Minify to Improve Site Speed for Classic Blogger Template – SEO
- Angry Birds Download Chrome/PC/iPhone/iPad/iPod/Nokia/Android/Palm/Mac
Emman RecommendsHow to Promote a Book Online - Expand you book's marketing coverage through the Internet.
Creating a Valuable Money Making Blog - Learn How to Jumpstart your Blogging Career.
Site Build It! - The easiest way to make money online (non-technical.)
How to Build Website Traffic - Web traffic is the lifeblood of any website and here's how you do it.
Make Money Online Through Your Blog - Learn different ways on how to monetize your blog.
SEO Techniques for Your Blog - Purely white-hat SEO strategies for your blog.
Passive Income System - Build your online residual income empire.
If you've found Emman's work helpful, please donate to show your support. You can donate any amount.